Saturday, August 11, 2007

Through the Viewfinder


Here's the deal..... I have been seeing more and more of this type of photo. Jess (aka Sparksfly) is the one to introduce me to it. I wasn't sure about it at first. Then I started seeing what others were doing with this technique. I thought wow! this is cool. Jess has been doing some awesome things with it too. So I did some research. I figured I needed some expensive equipment, but I found out I didn't. I just need an old camera and my new one. So I went through some of the old cameras I collected from garage sales and what you know, I have one that would work. It's a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash. Now before I go any further, I will explain the definition of Through the Viewfinder (aka TtV). It's taking a picture with one camera through another camera. I dug out my priority mail boxes and made me a contraption. So here is my first shot with my contraption. It needs a lot of work but I like the outcome so far.

1 comment:

jessica said...

It turned out great! :) I bid on an argus the other day on e-bay. I lost the bid, but thats my next camera! I hear a ton of great things about them. It is so exciting to get the different effects with each camera. :)