Friday, November 16, 2007

Just a little kitty cat


My husband has been gone for about a week. He has been parading all around the woods, hunting for elk. His dad and nephew have been with him. They all got drawn for muzzle loader for elk. They have been having fun. It's rained and snowed on them. Saw several elk, but no shots. Until one day...my husband (Shawn) was walking through the woods and spotted not one but two cougars. They were about 80 yards out. Shawn watched them and waited. So far the cougars didn't know he was there. When they got about 20 yards, he fired. He dropped the one in her tracks.


I think about it and can't believe it. We have been hunting up there for the past 10 years and we have only seen glimpse of these amazing animals. My husband and his family have been hunting up there for about 20 years and have only spotted a few. I know how dangerous these animals can be. I am very thankful Shawn saw them first. With cougars you never know. I think these animals are amazing and beautiful.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yikes that is crazy. They are very pretty animals but also very scary.

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Why did he shoot it Lumi?? I don't understand...