Saturday, November 8, 2008

Costco Baby!!!


Wow! I just got some amazing news! Remember when I wrote about that photo shoot I did not to long ago. The family with twins? Well.....I just found out that they had their photos developed at Costco. I know....big deal...but it is. You see, they asked them who did their photos cause they thought they were awesome. I know, I know..big deal again, right? Well.....they wanted to use some of the shots for display! Yeah! My photos on the wall at Costco. It's a small feat but it's a big step in a ocean of possibilities. Ever feel like you can never get your foot in the door? I have felt like that most of my life. Nothing ever happens in my life concerning photos. But then...I've only been taking pics seriously for about 8 years or so. I can never remember exactly. The first time I got my hands on a SLR. It was so expensive to practice. My husband wanted to strangle me with the negatives. 7.50 a pop. And well...that first year I filled 10 mini albums that hold 100 photos. You do the math. That may not seem like much to some photographers, but it sure did put a dent in the pocketbook every week. It only got worse....thank goodness we upgraded to a DSLR. Welcome to digital world of photoshop and confusing mechanics. I was overwhelmed with it. I buckled down and learned the basics right quick. I learned on the fly. Snap a couple hundred photos and figure out the Ps stuff later. Before I knew it I had folders bulging at the pixel seams. I glued myself to my chair and fired up the PC. My husband groaned a little...well....actually a lot. But anyways....after many many tutorials and trial and errors, I go the hang of the new CS3. I fell in love all over..sorry Shawn.....I was riveted by the wonderful tools and the amazing filters. The possibilities were endless! And so, here I am today still glued to my Ps and smiling. I've come a long way in a short amount of time. I know I have much more to learn and many amazing photographers to look to. It's a world of color to explore. It's art.

No comments: